Friday 27 July 2012

Día 3

So last night I was in Castrojeriz and I shared a room with a Dutch couple and a south Korean guy. These seem to be the main nationalities on the route.

The couple were on bike and this is something I would like to do next year as it looks a lot easier (Either that or st jean to Burgos) But then again they don't get to chat to anybody and this really makes the trip.

The Korean was a conscript in the army for 2 years, working as an officer teaching soldiers about North Korea. I have net ppl from all walks of life!

Today I did only 25km and I wanted to go further but my feet were saying no! If it's not one complaint, it's another! Feet, shoulders, knees, toes, knees and toes. However when you are walking alone it is easy to get lost in your thoughts and even forget you are walking, never mind carrying a bag!

By the way P20 is not infallible, mum! I have horrible burns on my shoulders!

Today I heard about an 80 yr old man who is going back and forth on the camino over and over, in the hope that he will die on it. The problem is he is getting fitter and less likely to die all tve time!



No comments:

Post a Comment